New Funding Available From United Way
Grant Requests for Education Impact Programs Due July 1
Vero Beach, FL, June 1, 2015 – United Way of Indian River County is now accepting grant applications for non-profit programs serving county residents and intending to produce measurable results that align with community goals in education.
A newly formed United Way Community Impact Fund has been established to invest in programs and services provided by high performing nonprofit organizations. As part of a continuing effort to advance the common good, United Way is focusing on the building blocks of a good quality of life – education, financial stability and health.
Current grants are open to any nonprofit serving or looking to serve Indian River County with programs that contribute to the following goals:
- Early Learning
- All children are nurtured by caregivers who promote early learning and development to prepare them for Kindergarten.
- Community Goal to increase to 85% the children who enter Kindergarten ready to succeed, by 2019.
- Academic and School Success
- Students will continue to stay on track for High School Readiness
- Community Goal to increase to 90% the 3rd Graders who are performing on Grade Level and increase their positive behaviors, by 2019.
- Graduate for Success
- Students graduate high school on time prepared for continuing education, work and life.
- Community Goal to increase to 90% the students who graduate on time from High School, by 2019
Agencies selected for funding will receive a one-year commitment from United Way and will be eligible for a multiyear funding agreement in 2017 based on ability to show measurable program results.
This year United Way of Indian River County is investing almost $2 million in Community Impact Grants with the goal of creating a community of partners that are making a lasting impact for children and families in our area.
Applications are available through the United Way of Indian River County website, www.unitedwayirc.org, and must be received by July 1, 2015. Questions can be directed to Meredith Egan at Meredith.Egan@unitedwayirc.org
Applications due by 4:00 p.m. on July 1, 2015.
United Way of Indian River County invites people to get involved by helping others. Go to www.volunteerindianrivercounty.org to learn about local opportunities for service. For more information about United Way or to give online, visit our website at www.unitedwayirc.org.