Unattended grease pot results in destroyed home

Okeechobee County Fire Rescue says an unattended pot of grease on the stove started the fire and destroyed a home in Okeechobee on SE 23rd Street.

No one was hurt.

If you are having a grease fire in your home here are some ways to put it out.

How to Put out a Grease Fire

Evaluate safety.

Turn off the heat on the stove.
Put something on top of the pot to remove its oxygen source.
If the grease fire persists, throw baking soda onto it.
For more info see Wikihow
TreasureCoast

TreasureCoast

Share

Post Info

  • Posted 7 years ago

Read More

The Insider's Guide to Florida's Treasure Coast

Subscribe

Receive the latest tips, information, & news!