Residents Seeking FEMA Assistance Should Contact the Federal Agency Directly

St. Lucie County’s 911 Call Center has received several calls from residents seeking financial assistance and/or reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) relating to costs associated with Hurricane Matthew.

Residents seeking FEMA assistance should contact the federal agency directly; as local governments are not involved in the reimbursement/claims process for individuals or businesses.

To see if you quality for FEMA assistance for Hurricane Matthew visit: or call 800-621-3362.

Additionally, if residents plan to hire anyone to repair home damage; replace fences or install hurricane shutters as a result of Hurricane Matthew, be sure to employ a licensed and insured contractor. For a list of licensed contractors in St. Lucie County visit:




Post Info

  • Posted 7 years ago

Read More

The Insider's Guide to Florida's Treasure Coast


Receive the latest tips, information, & news!