Brightline Update Martin County June 19, 2023
Martin County, Fl – Here is an update on the Brightline Schedule beginning Wednesday, June 21 through Friday, June 23.
Testing will impact multiple railroad crossings at a time. Testing WILL ALSO impact mariners at the St. Lucie River Bridge — an additional 1-2 trains will be passing over the bridge per hour. During the testing period, Brighline will post a bridge monitor at the St. Lucie River Bridge to communicate with mariners via VHF-FM Channel 9.
Continuous flagging operations and train testing up to 110 mph, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m, Wednesday, June 21 and Thursday, June 22, with a backup workday of Friday, June 23.
IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDERS:
• Stay off the tracks and don’t stop on the tracks
• Never go around crossing gates
• Don’t try to beat a train
• Only cross the tracks at a designated crossing
• Look, Listen, Live
• Stay alert and follow the law around active railroad tracks and railroad crossings
• Be aware that once the second track is commissioned, rail traffic could run on BOTH tracks in either direction
• Failure to follow the law could result in fines, points on your license or loss of life
Thanks for reading. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below and share this article with others so more people can join the conversation. Also let me know what you would like to see: local news, events or local info.